Alpha 0.6b RC [Release Candidate]

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
ThomasHelzle
Pro User
First Name: Thomas
Primary DAW: Bitwig Studio

Re: Beta 0.6 RC [Release Candidate]

Tom wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:As for removing the right-click options: Since it is non-trivial for the user to get rid of those, I became a bit wary of software that adds them without asking. I usually have to go into the registry every now and then and remove some, when my menu becomes too cluttered... Cheers and thanks!
Does that remove the menu entry when I had it installed and disable it in an update? (sorry, didn't try).
I still think it's "good manners" to offer this kind of stuff in the application preferences as well.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tom wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:As for removing the right-click options: Since it is non-trivial for the user to get rid of those, I became a bit wary of software that adds them without asking. I usually have to go into the registry every now and then and remove some, when my menu becomes too cluttered... Cheers and thanks!
Does that remove the menu entry when I had it installed and disable it in an update? (sorry, didn't try).
Yes, and I've only just added it.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

ThomasHelzle
Pro User
First Name: Thomas
Primary DAW: Bitwig Studio

Tom wrote:Yes, and I've only just added it.
Cool :-)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

I'll have a last-minute RC2 build ready this evening.
The official release is set for tomorrow evening. I'll upload the reworked site tonight.

So if there's anything left to fix I can still do it tomorrow.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

So far, it's working fine here (Win7 64bit).
I'll report if anything works weirdly.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Final RC2 setup attached to the original post.

This is the final build before the official release tomorrow evening.

If you can find anything odd about the installer or the app, there's still time to fix that today and tomorrow by day.

StevieBoy
Supporter

Will test on both machines later :D

StevieBoy
Supporter

Couldn't find a glitch myself, would have posted earlier if that was the case so you could have caught anything early

Only little thing I'd say is I'm sure when I've seen progs with only a few installation options in the past the tree has been expanded by default, I might be wrong but I reckon it's nice to see all that is being installed without having to click. minor stuff tbh.

Haven't found any bugs so far & used for 2.5 hrs straight last night

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Great to hear that.

Updated website is up and I'm just preparing the release packages which is going to take a good while, so if there's anything left, speak up now.

elektroinside
Beta Tester
First Name: Peter
Primary DAW: Adobe Audition

I found just one thing, but i couldn't reproduce. Started playing a file from one folder; while the song was playing, i clicked on another folder in the browser; when the track was done playing, it didn't played the first song from the second folder, it just stopped. But again, i couldn't reproduce it, yet i'm sure this happened. No biggie anyway, just a heads-up if anybody catches this.
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.

sergeyapanin
Getting the hang of it

Hi! Just downloaded now new beta 0.6.1(Build 1029) Everything fine exept Windows explorer integration. Let's say I have 10 tracks in folder. When I double click any track in this folder from explorer window (and Resonic starts) this track play and stopping after it ends (just like button "stop after current" pressed but it's not) That's all :)

Windows 7x64

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

That's actually intended, because if you're opening up very short files in a folder full of short files they'll just continue playing and you won't have a chance to change loop/advance settings.

I guess this requires an option.

sergeyapanin
Getting the hang of it

Tom wrote:That's actually intended, because if you're opening up very short files in a folder full of short files they'll just continue playing and you won't have a chance to change loop/advance settings.

I guess this requires an option.
Yes Please :)