So here's what I am currently working on

Discuss Beta and Unstable builds here
Forum rules
Grab the latest unofficial Resonic builds at stuff.liqube.com and discuss them here.
Join our Discord at discord.liqube.com for updates, chats and talks.
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live
Resonic: Pro

Re: So here's what I am currently working on

StevieBoy wrote:The ability to rename stuff is such a basic need I've put down resonic for ages, even the pro version & started using foobar2000 which is much more powerful for managing samples.

Shame, as resonic looked quite promising at one point.
Ok ;)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

StevieBoy
Supporter

Ok?

Was more an observation of my habits than anything else

I still love it, its so fast & simple, I do use it for auditioning & deleting stuff, but my goodness having to flip back to explorer for loads of stuff kinda kills it and makes it a lot slower for me, I remember you saying that you would put that in there at some point, I did message you a few months ago, but hadn't received a reply, was re: if you had an update since the 22nd of dec one, or had you made any leeway on any of the basic functionality. I know you asked me to bare with you, it would be so handy day to day.

Respectfully, I think the problem is that I've seen a few announcements, which gets expectations going - all the "soon", "in a few weeks", "this will be next in the update" "all these new fangled features" & as much as I want to, stuff like that stops me from passing the word on as people I have done that with already (quite a few), have mentioned the same thing to me, "can't you do xxyy?" "where is xxxx?" & "never mind, let me know when/if it's ever done."

Of course these things take time, I think it pays to talk once they are done though, creates less expectation where people eventually start loosing interest.

It also doesn't satisfy that part of the brain, which is easily tricked into thinking the rewards have already been given.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Some things require prerequisites, like basic GUI elements - which have been becoming more and merrier recently (menus, popups, etc.) - and without them certain features cannot be implemented. That's one of the main issues, besides the primary goal of full-featured database functionality.

Reinventing the wheel over and over again, before feature work can even begin. Frustrating as it is, this is how it is for the time being. As for rename I'll just go as simple as possible, even if it's just temporary, but obviously this can't be done for all the missing features because it'd just be double the work, i.e. creating a temporary solution, then redoing it.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

StevieBoy
Supporter

Fair enough, good to hear something on it anyway, a few people I'd shown it to had started calling it resoonic, when asking about it, lol

I'd always get the basics of anything first before getting to deep but then that's me

Yeah, that's it, as always, keeping it simple is far more challenging, far to many people run off with ideas & overcomplicate them & find it much harder going back to sort the basics out, in fact its earlier to complicate things than make them simple as I'm sure you know already. that's frustrating and led to a lot of ditched projects for many, I know, I see it everyday with people.

Anyway hope you are getting on okay, keeping morale, & have enough time for a life as well

Then that it pays off in the end & enough people are interested enough to make it pay.

Let us know if there are any working updates to the one from the 22nd dec

it's been solid so far, only thing I found is I had to delete the prefs one time as the reopen folder on start was playing a buggy file in a folder it remembered & constantly crashed on opening, sorted that myself though.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

StevieBoy wrote:started calling it resoonic
I don't blame them ;)
Let us know if there are any working updates to the one from the 22nd dec
I'm prepping the public (Pro) downloads, so they'll be on the official site instead of a temp folder, which is confusing to maintain. The download system and change history for that is in place.
it's been solid so far, only thing I found is I had to delete the prefs one time as the reopen folder on start was playing a buggy file in a folder it remembered & constantly crashed on opening, sorted that myself though.
Holding CTRL during startup will disable auto-resume.

StevieBoy
Supporter

Brilliant, thanks for the info, am actually using it again recently to delete swathes of recorded bits that were not up to scratch, keep finding I need to rename things though, hopefully soon.