Some Metadata not showing in Windoes 10 and Resonic

Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
Dlefebvre
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Dany
Primary DAW: Adobe Audition

Some Metadata not showing in Windoes 10 and Resonic

Hello,

I'm consolidating my sound effect library and at the same time, I'm cleaning it up and making sure the Metadata is OK and valid. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (v1709) and the latest version of MP3TAG (v2.87a).
Here's my problem, I tried many things, but to no avail.

I tagged many of my Sound Effects Library files (all .wav files by the way) . All the tags are showing properly in MP3TAG. I even tested the files on a Macintosh with a Mac version of MP3TAG and another Mac tagging application. All the tags are OK.
However in a Windows Explorer windows, for some of the files I dont see the tags. It's not all my Sound Effects folders that have the issue, but enough to make me go crazy...

I joined a screen capture. On the left there are 2 different views of the same folder and on the right, you can see the same folder as read Resonic (Top Right) and by MP3TAG (Bottom Right) as a proof the metadata is there.

I suspect, Resonic is just displaying the info it gets from Windows, so it is most probably a Windows issues. However, if someone has a clue or a workaround or a suggestion, I will be very happy.

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
ScreenCap_MP3TAG.jpg
Here is a screen capture. On the left there are 2 different views of the same folder and on the right, you can see the same folder as read Resonic (Top Right) and by MP3TAG (Bottom Right) as a proof the metadata is there.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: Some Metadata not showing in Windoes 10 and Resonic

Resonic does not rely on Windows for metadata extraction. If you email a couple of files to bugs(at)resonic.at we can have a look.