Discuss Resonic and other Liqube Audio products
Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Resonic Alpha 910 released

Download: http://www.resonic.at/download
Resonic Alpha 910 is here. Get it now on http://www.resonic.at !

This update introduces new features like A-B repeat, start-up resume, maintain playback position, waveform styles, comes with a reworked core player engine, a new volume bar, new shortcuts, many performance and stability improvements, and fixes.

To see a full list of changes read http://www.resonic.at/whatsnew or use the 'What's new' tab on the Resonic Facebook page.

Updated keyboard shortcuts can be found at http://www.resonic.at/docs/shortcuts

Feel free to drop by the discussion forums some time at
http://www.resonic.at/forums

Enjoy! :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Blackout
Beta Tester

Resonic Alpha 910 !!!

hi Resonic Creator, thank you for the new update!!!

some of my favourite additions/ fixes:

* When you try to start playback without an active file (e.g. after startup)
Resonic now plays the first file in current folder.
(yay!)

* Saves folder, file, and play position when you close Resonic,
restores folder, file, and play position when you restart Resonic.
(this is a biggie...saving heaps of time!!)

* New 'Maintain position' feature ("->|->" button):
Maintains playback position when switching from a playing file to another file,
continuing at the exact position where the first file left off.
(with almost zero changeover time between files...will be VERY handy for comparing masters indeed!)

+ New advanced option: 'Disable waveform cache'.
With the waveform cache disabled each time you play a file the waveform
is rescanned and no cache data is written to the hard drive.
(this is a biggie so i dont get cache file crap all over my nice and neat hard drive sample cd folders...thank you!!)

thank you for this update i will be giving it a good bash over the coming weeks!

Cheers,
Blackout

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re: Resonic Alpha 910 !!!

Blackout wrote:+ New advanced option: 'Disable waveform cache'.
With the waveform cache disabled each time you play a file the waveform
is rescanned and no cache data is written to the hard drive.
(this is a biggie so i dont get cache file crap all over my nice and neat hard drive sample cd folders...thank you!!)
Resonic does not store separate peak files near the audio files like most other apps do. All peak content is stored in one central place without cluttering the folders.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

Blackout
Beta Tester

i thought so!!! other sample manager/players (not that there is many!) dump them in the folders and its infuriating. i thought with Resonic they were perhaps still in the folders but files marked as "hidden". so they couldnt be seen. so this is great news that this is not the case! congrats on realizing this big problem and doing it right!

m0d
Starting to like this

Progressing well

All seems to working as intended.
  • start-up resume
  • A-B repeat
  • Maintain position
  • waveform style
Just wondering, I noticed a "Shuffle" feature that is coming soon. How is that different from the current Random?

I still hope to see multiple folder playback ( or some kind of default playlist | queue ). As even in the Pro version, not all samples will be in the same folder and sometimes you just want to tinker with a couple files, i.e. drag them to a separate queue without all the clutter of other samles.

Looking forward to the progress, and eager to see the release of the Pro version as from the news and labs section you seem to have interesting features.
In particular, the Pitch Detection - http://resonic.at/labs/37 - can eventually be used to create interesting options; one thing that comes to mind is chord detection and reverse chord mapping.
Something to think about
Good luck - or should I say, with time all is possible . . .

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Blackout wrote:i thought so!!! other sample manager/players dump them in the folders and its infuriating.
Indeed, annoying. Very few let you change this behavior, and if so most of them either let you enable or disable it all together which effectively disables caching. You end up with one .asd, .gpk, .sfk, etc. file per sample.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Re: Progressing well

m0d wrote:Just wondering, I noticed a "Shuffle" feature that is coming soon. How is that different from the current Random?
Random just picks a random track, which could be the same again, and just keeps going. There is no "back" with random playback.

Shuffle requires playlists to be fully functional as it effectively shuffles the play order once (invisibly), when activated, then plays each file exactly once and stops when finished playing the list. "Back" in shuffled playlists should play the previously played file.
I still hope to see multiple folder playback ( or some kind of default playlist | queue ).
Coming.
In particular, the Pitch Detection - http://resonic.at/labs/37 - can eventually be used to create interesting options; one thing that comes to mind is chord detection and reverse chord mapping.
Interesting! But that's just a proof of concept so far, it'll end up being much more integrated. Thinking about something fresh, like building it into the analyzer...
Good luck - or should I say, with time all is possible . . .
Thanks!

stan
My fingers are bleeding

Re: Resonic Alpha 910 released

Hi Tom,

Just installed new alpha 910.

New maintain position button is just great! Very useful.
Also I like separated "Stop after current file" and "Play sequentially" buttons.

But I have a strange thing with volume control. There is a small line now instead a big slider. Is it normal?
And in the "What's New" file is stated that was added percentage indication... but I can't see it.
I attached a screenshot.

Thank you for your work! Resonic has no alternatives for me.

Stan.
Attachments
Volume.jpg
Volume.jpg (13.89 KiB) Viewed 14645 times

Andreasvb

Resize the window, it's too narrow to display the volume slider.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

stan
My fingers are bleeding

Andreasvb, you are right. I missed that... Thank you :)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

True, your window seems very small. Size it horizontally.

Slider will have to auto-shrink in future, though. Not so classy right now.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Hello
Friendly buymp, i'm curious to know what's going on for next versions ;)
Will we be able to select which device to use for people with several soundcards (or which output for us with several outputs) ?
Cheers

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Working like crazy towards the last Alpha, and the Beta - all day long, and (most) nights, like right now ;)

And yes, device selection is one of the top 3 items on my todo list.

wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Ah ah, so "no news is good news" apply here :P
Glad to read Resonic is going well, and getting close to an update.
Cheers

JamesEW
Beta Tester

Really looking forward to next update. Any closer to implementing shuffle / music library function?
Will be great to use Resonic as my go to music player.

Cheers.

NeilT
Yay, I posted something

I've just noticed that Resonic running on my Windows 8 laptop shows my UPnP server in the Drives list, and I can browse the folders there. Unfortunately no music files are displayed, so I can't yet use Resonic as a renderer. Is this some sort of side effect of Windows 8, because Resonic on my main PC running Windows 7 doesn't show the server. And are you intending to implement the UPnP functionality fully at some point?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

NeilT wrote:I've just noticed that Resonic running on my Windows 8 laptop shows my UPnP server in the Drives list, and I can browse the folders there. Unfortunately no music files are displayed, so I can't yet use Resonic as a renderer. Is this some sort of side effect of Windows 8, because Resonic on my main PC running Windows 7 doesn't show the server. And are you intending to implement the UPnP functionality fully at some point?
Seems to be a side-effect of Windows 8, yes. It might report the devices differently so that Resonic cannot hide them properly, which will probably be fixed in the next update.

Unfortunately you cannot use Resonic as a UPnP renderer as it is intended primarily for folder-based browsing. UPnP is currently not planned as it is (way) too much work at this point. But I will look into this more in future, maybe there is a good way to implement this!

However, this gets me thinking, a plugin interface might open up new possibilities for third party developers.