"Recent Playlist" request

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Blackout
Beta Tester

"Recent Playlist" request

hi Tom, next to the tab in the centre of the screen that says "File List" I would really like to see a second tab that says "Recently Played" and a list forming on that tab that you can swap to that shows the list of the last played songs. Would be very handy to scroll through a heap of different folders, auditioning tracks, and then be able to find them there so if I want to find a track I liked, I do not have to go searching on my hard drive again, I can just say to myself "I played it around 10 songs ago" and find it there?

Cheers,
Blackout

Braed
Likes it here
First Name: Brad
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Re: "Recent Playlist" request

I would LOVE this feature too. There's a perfect space next to "Browser" for this tab.

I use Foobar for the waveform seekbar, but can't get a recently played playlist to work there. Resonic Player looks a lot better, but is lacking this feature, too.

Thanks, devs.

Harry
Starting to like this
First Name: Harry
Primary DAW: Cubase
Resonic: Pro + Player

Yes, me want this feature too! :)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

I sorely miss this feature too! :mrgreen:

Don't wanna sound like a broken record, but this also is in the works (and we do work on several fronts at the same time, as some things are reliant on others) and not too far away now (playlists in general). The tricky bit about stuff like this though usually is finding clever ways to implement it without sacrificing the player's high performance (think: switching files, storing, saving to disk, in ways that have very little impact).
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Braed
Likes it here
First Name: Brad
Primary DAW: FL Studio

Tom wrote:I sorely miss this feature too! :mrgreen:

Don't wanna sound like a broken record, but this also is in the works (and we do work on several fronts at the same time, as some things are reliant on others) and not too far away now (playlists in general). The tricky bit about stuff like this though usually is finding clever ways to implement it without sacrificing the player's high performance (think: switching files, storing, saving to disk, in ways that have very little impact).
A recently played playlist could be stored in memory until the player is closed, at which point it could be written to disk!
I'm looking forward to this feature!! :D