Reconstruction Feature

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
attic
Yay, I posted something
First Name: David
Artist Handle: Attic
Primary DAW: Reaper, Ableton, ProTools

Reconstruction Feature

Hopefully the Reconstruction feature will support midi triggering. Since we will have the ability to Loop extremely short files it would be great if Resonic just went all the way and let you use it as a sampler/synth. I would also like to purchase the Pro version right now regardless of future features ... I have been using it on a daily basis for 6 months now and it is really just excellent. It is already my go to audio file player in the studio. Lets make sure the database feature has an option to be turned off as I find many database functions useful however experience has shown Abletons database feature to be a pain and bloated also when they did it in Sony Acid it was bloated and buggy. One other thing that would be really nice is I have become use to the look of The logarithmic analyzer ... if I could use that same logarithmic analyzer in my recording software (Reaper) as a VST it would be great. I find it really helps get a handle on what frequencies to adjust, and I am not sure why Resonics logarithmic analyzer works so well for me but would love to get it into my production environment. We could probably just pipe audio to it instead of a Vst if Resonic had audio input.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Reconstruction Feature

Hey there,
attic wrote:Hopefully the Reconstruction feature will support midi triggering. Since we will have the ability to Loop extremely short files it would be great if Resonic just went all the way and let you use it as a sampler/synth.
Absolutely. The idea behind it is inspiring live previewing that might even work as a track-starter. It'll be more useful with ASIO low-latency output though.
I would also like to purchase the Pro version right now regardless of future features ... I have been using it on a daily basis for 6 months now and it is really just excellent. It is already my go to audio file player in the studio.
That's very nice to hear. Sales haven't started yet, obviously, but Early Access will be available shortly.

Early Access licenses are specifically for users who just want to get their hands on the Pro right away and use what's ready. They are valid for all updates until < 1.0. The 1.0 will cost a bit more, but Early Access users get a discount for what they already paid, of course. This system also serves as a kind of development support since we don't have any crowd-funding going.
Lets make sure the database feature has an option to be turned off as I find many database functions useful however experience has shown Abletons database feature to be a pain and bloated also when they did it in Sony Acid it was bloated and buggy.
Definitely, but don't expect bloat.
One other thing that would be really nice is I have become use to the look of The logarithmic analyzer ... if I could use that same logarithmic analyzer in my recording software (Reaper) as a VST it would be great. I find it really helps get a handle on what frequencies to adjust, and I am not sure why Resonics logarithmic analyzer works so well for me but would love to get it into my production environment. We could probably just pipe audio to it instead of a Vst if Resonic had audio input.
That's a suggestion I keep getting from producers. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

See, the RTAs in DAWs and wave editors were often too scientific for my taste and I wanted something more musical. I find it important to see what I'm hearing. so I fine-tuned the ballistics quite a bit, over and over.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.