Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
kresbeatz
My fingers hurt
First Name: Igor
Artist Handle: Fourways
Primary DAW: Cubase

Crop selection improvement

Hello, Tom!

Recently I bought Resonic Pro Beta and I used it extensively yesterday, so I have couple suggestions:

1. Is it possible to specify the folder where samples from 'crop the selection' will be located? Right now they are located in the folder of original sample, but I believe it will be very useful if you can specify separate folder for this. The main reasons are to not mess up currently hard made sorted sample folders with additional cropped copies of the files and ability to quickly find all the cropped files in one place.

2. Is it possible to add modifier keys to crop the sample directly in the DAW or the 3rd party sampler? I explain this in detail. When you select some range in Resonic, you can press, for example, Ctrl+Alt and drag this range directly to the DAW or the sampler. So, Resonic creates in background new audio file from this range, moves it to the specified 'crop' folder from the first point and drag in drop it to the DAW. Now the algorithm is to Shift + click the range in Resonic, push the button to crop it, find the cropped file in the browser below and drag and drop it to the DAW or sampler. With my suggestion it will be Shift + click the range in Resonic, hold Ctrl+Alt (cursor changes to something like pointer with "+") and drag and drop it to the DAW. This is how it works in Reaper right now and this is super useful.

I hope I described my suggestion in understandable manner :)

PS Thank you for such a great and fast program, it's a joy to use it.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Crop selection improvement

Hey there.
kresbeatz wrote:1. Is it possible to specify the folder where samples from 'crop the selection' will be located? Right now they are located in the folder of original sample, but I believe it will be very useful if you can specify separate folder for this. The main reasons are to not mess up currently hard made sorted sample folders with additional cropped copies of the files and ability to quickly find all the cropped files in one place.
I've put that on the todo list.
2. Is it possible to add modifier keys to crop the sample directly in the DAW or the 3rd party sampler?
Have you read the Pro introduction?

There is a little square in the lower right corner of every selection that can be dragged directly into the DAW without the need for any shift keys. This method also applies pitch settings and the currently selected extraction format (see funnel-looking 'Cue button' for options.)
snap170108014253.png
snap170108014302.png
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

kresbeatz
My fingers hurt

Tom, I don't know how can I miss the drag'n'drop function, it's still mistery for me ;) It works great!

Thank you for adding the request about custom folder for cropped samples in you to-do list, much appreciated!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Glad it helped :)

There's a whole load of new options incoming in the next releases, now that we tackled an all-new configuration system that allows for more flexible saving/loading.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

codec17
Getting the hang of it
First Name: Sven
Artist Handle: codec-17
Primary DAW: studio one,Bitwig

Hi . sorry to hijack the topic, but a clarification about question 1,

When i drag the "cropped" selection to my DAW, does resonic still save to folder where the sample is located/came from?
Or to memory of DAW? (in my case bitwig)
For me also important thing, Otherwise its getting a mess in my organized sample folders, (and im kinda neurotic :geek: when it comes down to my sample folders)
(didnt buy pro yet so cant really test it :oops: :oops: )
But if its on the todo list ? GREAT!

kresbeatz
My fingers hurt

codec17 wrote:Hi . sorry to hijack the topic, but a clarification about question 1,

When i drag the "cropped" selection to my DAW, does resonic still save to folder where the sample is located/came from?
Or to memory of DAW? (in my case bitwig)
For me also important thing, Otherwise its getting a mess in my organized sample folders, (and im kinda neurotic :geek: when it comes down to my sample folders)
(didnt buy pro yet so cant really test it :oops: :oops: )
But if its on the todo list ? GREAT!
When you drag the cropped selection to the DAW, Resonic save the cropped file in: C:\Users\*Your User Name*\Documents\Resonic\Pro Beta\Cropped Audio

At least on Windows 10 Anniversary ;)

codec17
Getting the hang of it
First Name: Sven
Artist Handle: codec-17
Primary DAW: studio one,Bitwig

Oooooooh i can live with that!

Thanx for you answer!