Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
mikula
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Mikula
Artist Handle: Futuretunes
Primary DAW: Cubase

Some suggestions

Hi Resonic,

I just bought Resonic Pro today and already mailed you these suggestions, but thought it would me more handy if i would post them here too so other customers could join the conversation.

Here are my suggestions.

- When selecting (not double click) a file in Windows Explorer Resonic should open a full functional floating version of Resonic (including visual of waveform, header, information bar and level meter).
That Resonic instance should snap itsefl right under the active Windows Explorer windows and automaticly adapts to the current width of the active Explorer Window.
Resonic should then immediately start playing the selected file.

- When left mouse click-hold and drag in the visual-wave window Resonic should set the the looprange and automatically loop that selected range

- When click-hold in the visual-wave window Resonic should be able to drag the current looprange in the prefererd sequencer (instead of clicking the tiny square bottom left)

- Make a shortcut like ALT-scroll that makes the wave in the visual window zoom in (scroll up) and zoom out (scroll down)

- Custom color schemes per attribute

- Save configfile for easy recall when reinstalling Windows (just a nice to have)

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: Some suggestions

Hi!
mikula wrote:When selecting (not double click) a file in Windows Explorer Resonic should open a full functional floating version of Resonic
Unlike Snapper, Resonic has its own browser, which we believe is superior to Explorer when it comes to looking through audio files. If you're missing a particular Explorer feature, let us know.
When left mouse click-hold and drag in the visual-wave window Resonic should set the the looprange and automatically loop that selected range
Holding down the shift key to select stuff is pretty standard, so we stuck with that.
When click-hold in the visual-wave window Resonic should be able to drag the current looprange in the prefererd sequencer (instead of clicking the tiny square bottom left)
Yes, we're planning to get rid of that square eventually.
-Make a shortcut like ALT-scroll that makes the wave in the visual window zoom in (scroll up) and zoom out (scroll down)
-Custom color schemes per attribute
Waveform zooming is also on the todo-list, as are user defined color schemes.
Save configfile for easy recall when reinstalling Windows (just a nice to have)
This will become more important once the database features are ready, so we'll be keeping an eye on that.