Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
ThomasHelzle
Pro User
First Name: Thomas
Primary DAW: Bitwig Studio

Overlay Analyser over Waveform

Hey Tom,

I hope you are well!

As you know, I love my Resonic Pro... ;-)

One wish though: I find myself always switching between "Waveform" and "Analyser Logarithmic" - the first is great to see the overall layout of the current file, especially when previewing samples etc. but while listening I totally enjoy the buttersmooth graphics of the Logarithmic Analyser, since it shows me perfectly how the frequencies are laid out in a file. Both together would be bliss!
And I wonder: Since the waveform is basically static, would it be possible to overlay the analyser on top of it?

May sound funny but this would actually be my top Nr. 1 feature request... :-)

Would be awesome!!!! 8-)

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Overlay Analyser over Waveform

Hey Tom :)
ThomasHelzle wrote:I find myself always switching between "Waveform" and "Analyser Logarithmic" - the first is great to see the overall layout of the current file, especially when previewing samples etc. but while listening I totally enjoy the buttersmooth graphics of the Logarithmic Analyser, since it shows me perfectly how the frequencies are laid out in a file. Both together would be bliss!
And I wonder: Since the waveform is basically static, would it be possible to overlay the analyser on top of it?
Seeing that both visualizations are separate modules at the moment that would be a bit tricky, also there would be more of a performance hit doing the overlay. I've been looking into side-by-side or stacked views for a start. What do you think? And ideas are welcome!
May sound funny but this would actually be my top Nr. 1 feature request... :-)
Interesting one, but makes sense hehe
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

ThomasHelzle
Pro User
First Name: Thomas
Primary DAW: Bitwig Studio

Re: Overlay Analyser over Waveform

Hey Tom,

I see... Well, I personally could live with stacked better than side-by-side, but still would prefer it being an overlay.
But I don't know the internals so can't comment on performance, just thought the waveform not moving would make it more like a "wallpaper" to overlay the analyser on top of without much ado...

Would be nice if it's possible, but if not, I won't exactly die from it either. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom