Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
2re
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Tore Vatle
Artist Handle: Soundescape
Primary DAW: Ableton Live

Gain trimmer

Hi,

I'm working on a sample library, and the pitch shifter is super useful for fine tuning samples that sound a little off.
Is it possible to add a gain trimmer as well? +/- 12 dB maybe? And like pitch shifting, gain adjustment would also affect the audio extraction.

- Tore

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Gain trimmer

Welcome Tore!
That's a really nice idea. I'll give it some thought, I had a separate gain control in mind anyways, but wasn't sure where to place it yet. I wouldn't want it to be part of the volume control - that should remain untouched.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

2re
I'll think of more soon
First Name: Tore Vatle
Artist Handle: Soundescape
Primary DAW: Ableton Live

That would be great. It would speed up my workflow for sure, since I wouldn't have to import and export individual samples to and from my DAW. I think the gain control should be placed next to the pitch shift controls. Leave the volume control as it is.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Leave the volume control as it is.
I agree :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

lebarde
Starting to like this

In the same direction, for my purposes, I would love a "Normalize" or even better a "loudness normalization" function.
I Work on a piece of music in the DAW and browsing for samples with Resonic while the project is playing. Sometimes some samples are really loud and sometimes too quiet. To be able to browse and have the volume sort of stabilized would be awesome.