A few suggestions

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
frank88188
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Frank
Primary DAW: Cubase

A few suggestions

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Been using Resonic for a few week. Really happy about it expecially with the price I pay for. I might be asking too much but just want to give some suggestions on what I think could be improved for the future update.

1. Silence visualization is basically useless because even a little noise floor will be count as "sound". It would be great if there is a threshold option for silence visualization.

2. An option for snap all the editing point to zero crossing would be great. Just like Cubase.

3. Zoom in into bit view.

4. Show detail metadata on the side.

That's all

Keep on the good work :)

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Re: A few suggestions

Thanks for the feedback! One of those suggestions might actually make it into the new build :)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: A few suggestions

Hey there! Thanks for the suggestions!
frank88188 wrote:1. Silence visualization is basically useless because even a little noise floor will be count as "sound". It would be great if there is a threshold option for silence visualization.
The idea of silence visualization was to find suitable cut or locator points easily, but an option would make sense, is very fiddly though to get right for every audio format.
2. An option for snap all the editing point to zero crossing would be great. Just like Cubase.
3. Zoom in into bit view.
Have a look here: https://resonic.at/faq#zoom

This is also a reason why zero snapping and features that rely on sample-exact content are not implemented so far. This may change in a future update.
Keep on the good work :)
Will do :)
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.