Support to scrobble via Last.FM

Your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism
Martin0815
Yay, I posted something

Support to scrobble via Last.FM

Hi,
any chance to get scrobbling (Last.FM) in?
Best regards,
Martin

Andreasvb

Re: Support to scrobble via Last.FM

I've also suggested it before.
He'll will support it if there is a high demand for it. :)

Think it need to grow a bit in popularity, it's not that well known right now.
Seems most just use YouTube or some streaming service/program, like Spotify these days.

My main player today is foobar2000 but I really like Resonic and it may soon take over.
Building on scrobbling and submit what you listen to, I also like a script I use for foobar2000 that updates the ID3 tags with the playcount to a custom field, e.g. LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT that you then can view in a custom column. And it's stored in the file, feels more safe to have local stats as well.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

qinetic
Yay, I posted something

Really want to see scrobbler last.fm for Resonic.

Mute
My fingers are bleeding
First Name: Jesse

Gonna try to revive this.

I've recently gotten really into using last.fm with Spotify for streaming music, but I wish I could scrobble with Resonic too.

It's making me rethink using Resonic as my local audio player. Please consider adding support for last.fm :)

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

As someone who doesn't use the scrobbler at all: What's so great about it, especially these days? How does it benefit its users? Excuse the silly questions. Apparently now even Spotify can scrobble.
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

quail
Yay, I posted something
First Name: C

I just heard of Resonic and installed on my new computer running Windows 10. I don't use Spotify for anti-DRM reasons, and rely on Last.fm scrobbler to track my music listening. While my usage of Last.fm is much less intense than it was before CBS acquired them, my listening history on there dates back a decade and I don't wish to stop. I'm looking for a music player that can support Last.fm scrobbling or else it won't work for me.

Harry
Starting to like this
First Name: Harry
Primary DAW: Cubase
Resonic: Pro + Player

Hey there,

here's the next one who really wishes for last.fm scrobbling feature in Resonic! :)

And because you asked @Tom, I think the answer mostly would be more a personal preference than a really practical use.
As someone wrote before, I use last.fm scrobbling for a while now and like it for looking into my musical past, just as the suggestions last.fm gives to me based on that - to explore new bands/artists i didn't know before. That would be the most useful/practical use for scrobbling, I think.

And because I like Resonic so much, I would like to use it as my main music (playing in background) player, too!

PS: I think that for professional use, this wouldn't be a good feature. The reason therefore should be clear. :)
So if you implement scrobbling, I would suggest to make a small "S" button at the bottom (like sound device, sleep mode, day/night mode) which, with one click, activates/deactivates scrobbling. So in other words you can switch with this button between "privat-listening" and "professional" -mode. And everyone should be happy! ;)

PPS: I just saw that this topic has 2559 hits - second most on page 1 atm... so I assume there indeed are a lot of people interested in this feature! ^^

strajnic
Yay, I posted something
First Name: Srdjan

Hi,
I really like Resonic - it's fast, it's reliable, it's easy to use - only one thing is missing to become my main music player. Last.fm scrobbling! Non scrobblers are asking why - we scrobblers may not know simple answer to that simple question but we know for sure that we don't ever use non scrobbling players. For me scrobbling is a must! Hope Resonic will support it. Sooner - better!