Windows Explorer folder changes view

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
wshaper
Beta Tester
Primary DAW: Reaper, Live

Windows Explorer folder changes view

It seems that each time i am using Resonic, it switches back my music library display to default settings (which seems like nothing, but is quite annoying in the end : i have my my library set up as "show a list / sort by 'last modified'", and each time i use Resonic, it goes back to "show details / sort by A>Z").
I am not 100% sure that Resonic is the culprit, but i know that before i used REsonic it never happened, and now each time i use Resonic and then open my Music library the settings are all messed up...

normal "custom" setting :

after using Resonic (?) :

Andreasvb

Re: 11733 - Beta Test

It's a feature in Windows that analyzes the content in a folder, and if it's lot of audio files it will switch to Music view.
You can setup each type and save each column setup.

Usually I just choose back to General each time it happens, a bit annoying.
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

Jan
Beta Tester
Resonic: Player

I'm sorry Tom for going Offtopic here, but I'd like to link to a tutorial that helped me a lot to tame windows horrible folder view management and will hopefully be helpful for you guys too.

Andreasvb

Re: Windows Explorer folder changes view

I've split the topic, please continue. =)

/Mod
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

wshaper
Beta Tester

Jan wrote:I'm sorry Tom for going Offtopic here, but I'd like to link to a tutorial that helped me a lot to tame windows horrible folder view management and will hopefully be helpful for you guys too.
Thank you, Jan.
It should come in handy.
It's a feature in Windows that analyzes the content in a folder, and if it's lot of audio files it will switch to Music view. You can setup each type and save each column setup.
Usually I just choose back to General each time it happens, a bit annoying.
Yes, quite annoying indeed.
But can you confirm if Resonic makes Windows' music folder go back to the default view if i'm browsing it with Resonic ?
And could such a behaviour be avoided ?

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

This sounds really strange. Resonic does not alter any settings, it is merely enumerating folder contents using feature sets provided by Windows.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

wshaper
Beta Tester

I'm really using question marks ("???") here, as i am not 100% sure, but this is what i am suspecting so far (still investigating).