Scroll Wheel No Longer Working

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
vectorwarrior
Pro User
First Name: Rob

Scroll Wheel No Longer Working

Just installed 0.6b, the mouse scroll wheel doesn't seem to work anymore. Can't scroll the file list, also can't scroll the volume up and down like I could on the alpha. I noticed someone else mentioned this on another thread but they said it went away on a restart of resonic, this wasn't the case for me so I thought I'd create a separate topic.

This is on Windows 8.1 64bit

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Scroll Wheel No Longer Working

That's one really strange issue. Do you use a standard mouse for input, and does it require mouse drivers to be installed? That's about the only reason I can think of right now, but looking into it.

I'm asking again to make sure, but is there any way you can get it to function or doesn't it work at all?
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Martin
I know my Resonics, all of them!
First Name: Martin

Adding to Tom's comments: Does scrolling work if you activate the file list first, e.g. by clicking a file?

vectorwarrior
Pro User

Hi, no, no matter what I do I can't get the scroll wheel to work.

This is a standard mouse, no drivers, etc. However, I am using Xmouse, which allows you to set up per-program mouse button setups for the forward and back mouse buttons that never get used. While I dont have anything set up for resonic and it should just be using the default windows stuff, it's probably related. When I get back in the studio tomorrow I'll try disabling the software entirely and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

X-Mouse Button Control's "Scroll window under cursor" function is the culprit. It takes over completely overriding Resonic's wheel functionality. This wouldn't be a problem if it really would scroll the window under the cursor, but it seems to scroll the focused and active window only.

Two solutions:
1. Disable scroll window under cursor globally (Settings > Uncheck > Ok > Apply)
2. Disable in an application or window profile just for Resonic (not tested, but should work)
snap150402040554.png
In XMBCSettings.xml:

Code: Select all

<ScrollWheel ScrollWindowUnderCursor="false" />
Hope that helps!
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

Andreasvb

Re: Scroll Wheel No Longer Working [Solved]

I have the same issue, but it's my own script with AHK, that's why haven't report it before. :)
:ugeek: Windows 10 Pro x64 / Resonic Pro - Beta 0.8.9

vectorwarrior
Pro User

Re: Scroll Wheel No Longer Working [Solved]

Hmm, I am still having problems with this.

Changed settings on xmouse as described, no change. Tried updating xmouse, no change. Tried reinstalling xmouse nuking preferences, no change. Exited xmouse and all other unnecessary stuff (i have a similar app that allows hotkeys for the windows key, etc), no change. Tried the old alpha, that works. So it definitely seems to be a problem with the beta.