Logitech Media Keys support

Bugs, crash reports, issues, product support
julianxhokaxhiu
My fingers hurt
First Name: Julian

Logitech Media Keys support

Hi,

I'm currently using Resonic Player and I really like this player. Although what I deeply miss is the support for the media keys.

I know that the logitech software that comes, has a players.ini file that could be configured ( see https://gist.github.com/julianxhokaxhiu ... e3ab1d7fec )

Can you help me figure out which arguments are required to map correctly the media keys?

Thank you in advance,
Julian

---

SOLUTION:

Add this to your players.ini:

Code: Select all

Resonic=wac,Resonic.exe,ResonicWnd,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Resonic
and restart your PC ( or the Logitech SetPoint process if you're advanced enough )

Enjoy :)
Last edited by julianxhokaxhiu on August 20th, 2017, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio
First Name: Tom
Primary DAW: Live

Re: Logitech Media Keys support

Which keyboard model are you talking about specifically that uses the SetPoint driver?

Resonic currently supports the following standard media keys as global hotkeys:

VK_BROWSER_BACK
VK_BROWSER_FORWARD
VK_BROWSER_REFRESH
VK_BROWSER_STOP
VK_BROWSER_SEARCH
VK_BROWSER_FAVORITES
VK_BROWSER_HOME
VK_VOLUME_MUTE
VK_VOLUME_DOWN
VK_VOLUME_UP
VK_MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK
VK_MEDIA_PREV_TRACK
VK_MEDIA_STOP
VK_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
VK_LAUNCH_MAIL
VK_LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT
VK_LAUNCH_APP1
VK_LAUNCH_APP2
Details here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/at7ah4df.aspx
Join our Discord for chat and talk (not just Resonic related) and beta testing; or the Resonic Users group on FB.

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.

julianxhokaxhiu
My fingers hurt

Hi Tom,

my current keyboard is MK710 and together with the Logitech SetPoint software, it seems that the player does not work. I see that it supports the standard Virtual keys but I fear that the Logitech SetPoint for some reasons overrides ( or discards them ).

Trying to set the multimedia keys in the Hotkeys panel in Preference anyway, brings nothing. If I press any other key ( ESC or a letter, with Ctrl, Alt, etc. ) then it works fine.

Unfortunately I had the same issue with Google Chrome. I had to manually add those lines in the players.ini file. I'll see if I can find the right values to make it work with Resonic too :) I love this player!

Best regards,
Julian

//EDIT: I think I figured out a possible configuration, but this works only if you bind the basic multimedia commands already as hotkeys to work. I think at the current status they are not set as "Global by default" but you have to manually set them. If you do such a thing inside your code, then inside players.ini you just need to add this:

Resonic=key,Resonic.exe,ResonicWnd,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,Resonic
[/s]

//EDIT2: NEVERMIND! I've found a solution! :D

I'll create a Gist on Github for an easy Google research, but long story short, if you want Resonic to be compatible with Logitech SetPoint, add this inside your players.ini:

Resonic=wac,Resonic.exe,ResonicWnd,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Resonic
Works out of the box :)

julianxhokaxhiu
My fingers hurt

Thread can be closed. Solution found :)

The solution unfortunately works only if the window is living in the Desktop. As long as it gets minimized it doesn't work anymore :( Any idea how this could be fixed?