It is currently 18 Oct 2018 16:55



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Equalizer?
Post  
My fingers are bleeding

Joined: 2018-02-17
Posts: 4
A built in EQ would be the one thing to make me abandon my current music player.

A parametric with a couple of movable points, variable q, and adjustable hpf and lpf would be awesome
(please not a graphic eq with pretend sliders uggh)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Joined: 2012-12-12
Posts: 960
Location: In the machine.
Hey!

Right now there are no immediate plans for an EQ, but it's on the list of things to implement and I agree it would be nice to have, but completely optional, like all DSP in Resonic is, to not meddle with the pure signal flow unless specifically wanted by the user.

Either way a preset slider graphic EQ would be out of question as it does nothing but degrade sound quality on basically all but extremely cheap sound "systems". It would have to be a basic parametric one for sure to make sense with what we're trying to do with Resonic. The whole point of an EQ in a player should be a way to tweak sound for lower class sound systems, or for special cases like night use, which can never be designed in a generic band way.



experimental stuff at resonic labs and here | liqube forum at kvr audio

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Starting to like this
User avatar

Joined: 2018-01-20
Posts: 17
Location: Québec, Canada
In Pro version, an EQ might be a tool to experiment with and forge samples, adding a first pass of DSP before sending it to a DAW.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Liqube Audio
Liqube Audio

Joined: 2012-12-12
Posts: 960
Location: In the machine.
A1RO wrote:
In Pro version, an EQ might be a tool to experiment with and forge samples, adding a first pass of DSP before sending it to a DAW.

Good point, although users might prefer their favorite VST plugins which frankly would also be higher quality.



experimental stuff at resonic labs and here | liqube forum at kvr audio

A user interface is like a joke: if you have to explain it, it's not that good.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Starting to like this
User avatar

Joined: 2018-01-20
Posts: 17
Location: Québec, Canada
I agree. Not a must for me, but more like a handy, easy thing to reach.
I will let the OP clarify its use case since I might be going somewhere else.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
My fingers are bleeding

Joined: 2018-02-17
Posts: 4
A1RO wrote:
...but more like a handy, easy thing to reach.

Exactly this. I am using Resonic for learning songs, so a quick EQ to roll off the high end to emphasize the bass, or a "dialed in" high boost bring out the hi-hats is the type of thing I need.
Even better if the EQ settings could be saved with a button to apply them again.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Likes it here

Joined: 2013-04-08
Posts: 26
I agree with Tom and A1RO
On this feature. It would be better to manage VST that allows you to use the equalizer of your choice.

What can nevertheless be interesting is to manage snapshots or states mapped on keyboard shortcuts, to be able to switch quickly from one
state has another. It remains to be seen

But for learning songs as you want, imho, for the use you want to do. You will have a better experience on your DAW


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
My fingers are bleeding

Joined: 2018-02-17
Posts: 4
LopDog wrote:

But for learning songs as you want, imho, for the use you want to do. You will have a better experience on your DAW


I don't think you understand my use case well enough to make suggestions.

What I need:

Image

What you are suggesting:

Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Likes it here

Joined: 2013-04-08
Posts: 26
BabyHuey wrote:
I don't think you understand my use case well enough to make suggestions.
What I need:

What you are suggesting:


sorry maybe I don't get it, this mean that you need a 5 band graphic eq ?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
My fingers are bleeding

Joined: 2018-02-17
Posts: 4
LopDog wrote:
sorry maybe I don't get it, this mean that you need a 5 band graphic eq ?


Yes, a built in five band graphic would be more suitable than using a DAW as an mp3 player. Of course a simple parametric would be better.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Equalizer?
Post  
Likes it here

Joined: 2013-04-08
Posts: 26
I understand better, it's true that most mp3 players have this option. Given Tom's answer, if this feature is in the list, it will definitely be a parametric equalizer.
Tom wrote:
Either way a preset slider graphic EQ would be out of question as it does nothing but degrade sound quality on basically all but extremely cheap sound "systems". It would have to be a basic parametric one for sure to make sense with what we're trying to do with Resonic. The whole point of an EQ in a player should be a way to tweak sound for lower class sound systems, or for special cases like night use, which can never be designed in a generic band way.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
www.resonic.at | Theme by Liqube, based on Xand.